jeudi 1 septembre 2011

Lecture night at Jaime Lerner

Monday - I had to prepare a presentation of experiences and inspirations from my background, work and research, encompassing architectural and urban planning examples from Copenhagen mainly. Here I added some extras from Amsterdam and Brussels. A huge success! A got applause both before (as welcoming I think it was...yeah, Portuguese speech of Jaime, so you know I get bits and pieces) and after! And so many collueges coming to tell me how good and interesting it was, even an eye-opener on some aspects. They want to hear the details of some projects, my impressions of Curitiba, and oh yeah, hear about Christiania as well. Incredible how you always find people who know about Christiania, it is way underestimated the notoriety of this place. But then it is really great...

After my presentation, a bunch of three elder guys from the MPB (Musica Popular de Brasil) came to introduce us to some music about the city of Curitiba. One of them - Paulo Vitto, if I remember correctly his name - has lived here his whole life, and known Jaime during his terms as mayor and governor. He saw the changes undertaken in the city, its urban layout and spaces. And that was translated into songs with wonderful Brasilian tonalities. Paulo singing a light voice and another of the guys singing the deep voice, two guitars and off they went. What a night!

Wrapped up with snacks and champ'... 'Don't get used to this, Christina!' tells Ana - because since I have arrived we have had birthday, presentations and farewell gatherings.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire