samedi 3 septembre 2011

In a penthouse overviewing the city...

Friday - more celebrating at the office. More snacks and champ'. Anabela, a stagiaire who was here for observation traineeship for two weeks, is leaving us. Believe me, we do work in between those celebrations!

Later I get to see a proper penthouse appartment with two storeys, pool, terrasse and all the fancy features. Downstairs, not only you have a porteiro, but also a double fence before accessing the entrance hall and talk to the porteiro. I do get the need of security and feeling safe, but I don't get those fences and walls. I do know that the reality this country is facing is a different one that the European and I do not intend to judge, but when one of the reasons for hiding behind walls, and segregating society in such a way, is 'to protect what you have achieved' it seems to me that the human achievement is quite low, or non existent. It seems to result in walls enhancing and feeding fear of the other, more than offering security. I still need to get this whole social system - with such huge social divergences and segregation; there is many realities to understand before I might be able to see more clearly in this matter. But this sentence, mentionned under a discussion, chocked me quite a bit.

Anyway, in that penthouse was a little party/gathering of people from the office, architecture students and friends. The compagny was nice and the evening just relaxed.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire