jeudi 25 août 2011

Intermezzo on Brasilian 'café'

Since last posted message, many things have happened already: I have had the first day at work, met my colleagues, met Jaime Lerner (you should see my happy face!), I have moved to Manuel's flat (great place!)...

But I want to share my experience of the Brasilian breakfast, café da manha. My first days (or rather nights) here were spent in a hotel in the center, the Garden hotel. Nice place, fine, clean...cold though! Breakfast included in the price of the room so here I go - I have to feel my stomach so I might manage lunch on a little snack. Only thing is that half of the buffet is... 'bolo', cake! Egg and sausages, bread (half dry baguette or sliced sandwich bread), ham and cheese, usually bananas and some kind of melon, and cakes! Usually banana flavoured sandcake with coco or sugar topping, or just some vanilla-ish cake with orange flavoured chocolate topping. Heavy stuff!

Well Brasilian apparently like sweet stuff - the coffee which isn't that extraodinary (seems they exported all the good one) is sweetened, and if you want milk you get it! To be describe the picture, I could use Ryan's comment: 'how much coffee do you want with your sugar?'

So yeah, sweet coffee and cake for breakfast. When you stand there, you just don't know if you eat three pieces or drop the whole breakfast thing and get yourself something more nourrishing :-) Well I took three pieces of 'bolo'!


bolo de cenoura - www.vestidadenoiva.com

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire